Thursday, November 10, 2016

Five under $5

Hello! How's everyones week going? I gave myself a bit of a blog break at the beginning of the week, but I didn't want to be completely absent. I have some stuff planned for next week to catch up.

Today's post is another 5 under $5. I did one of these posts about a month or so ago that you can check out here if you haven't already. I have a few more planned to post, and one of them is all about lip products that are under $5 which will be up in a few weeks. I've always loved these types of posts, because some of the best drugstore products that I've found are under $5. I've also considered doing a 5 under 5 worst products edition. Anyone interested?

These are all some of the best products under $5 that I've used, which are all products that I use very often. 

Both of these are favorites of mine from Wet n Wild. On the left is the WnW Contour Duo. This is one of the best drugstore bronzers I've used, with it's super silky formula and neutral tones- it makes an amazing contour or powder to bronze up your face with.
On the left is the WnW Mego Glow Illuminating Powder in Catwalk Pink. I have the old packaging to this, and the newer version is similar the the contour duos and I think it's the same size so there is more product. This is called an illuminating powder, and many of my friends use it as a highlight, but with my super pale skin I can use this as a blush. I focus my brush more in the middle in the pink shades, and it creates a beautiful and light berry toned blush on me. It's very natural looking with a hint of shimmer. If you are darker complected than me, this probably won't work and I suggest using it as a highlight, but if you are fair like me then give it a try! 
Both of these are $4.99 on wet n wild's website, but depending on the drugstore they might be cheaper.

Next up is the Makeup Revolution Matte Blush in Nude. And this is my current go to blush at the moment. It's the perfect nude/mauve shade for everyday. The formula is great and blends super nice. It's super pigmented so you have to be careful not to pick up too much product. I'm definitely in love with this blush and highly recommend checking these out at Ulta if you haven't already. They are $5 and feel like a high end blush.
Colourpop Creme Gel Pencil Liner. These are amazing for how cheap they are. For $5 you'll get an awesome retraceable eyeliner thats creamy and pigmented. I find it hard to find eyeliners that are affordable and creamy these days and don't fade. This is the black one in the color swerve, and what you see in the photo is all I have left. Mine is nearly finished up!

And last is the NYC Lovatics Eyesahdow Palette and it's thee best drugstore eyeshade palette that I've ever used. There's a lot of emphasis in that sentences, because I'm telling you, ITS. THE. BEST. OK enough with the crazy, but seriously. I have never used a drugstore shadow that preforms like this one does. The shadows are just as buttery and pigmented as high end ones. And this looks almost identical as the Urban Decay Naked Palette (original). It's $4.99 on NYC's website, and $4.92 at walmart. I saw at target that it was $6.99. It's definitely worth the more expensive price at target, but just know you can find it cheaper. If you want more info and swatches on this, check out my review here


And this concludes my latest 5 under 5 post. I really have fun doing these types of posts, and when I sat doing to make my list, I couldn't believe how many more products I have to do more posts like this with. The Wet n Wild Contour duo and the NYC palette were both gifts from Lily when we did our $20 makeup swap (if you haven't watched the video,  go watch! It was so fun!). 

What are your favorite products under $5?







No comments:

Post a Comment