Monday, September 21, 2015

Favorite Fall Lipsticks

Hello! Dark lips are are big trend during Fall time. I'm no exception to loving them. I'm sharing a few of my favorite lip combos for this season today, and most of them are a darker brown/nude but I did throw in a red and two dark purples!


Here's four lip liners I chose to pair with all the lipsticks. They are all pretty similar in color but form left to right we have Mac Morning Coffee, Mac Absolutly It, Rimmel Mauve Shimmer, and Urban Decay Naked. 

The first lipstick is Mac Hug Me which is a beautiful nude color. It's more on the sheer side, but over a darker lip liner creates a perfect dark brown/nude for Fall. I have it over UD Naked in top and Mac Morning Coffee on bottom. Hug me and Morning Coffee has been my favorite combo lately. 

Here is Nars Shrinagar. This was the first purple/berry toned lip stick I owned. It pretty on its own (top swatch) but the second swatch is paired with Rimmel Shimmer Mauve, and the second with Mac Absolutely It. 

The next two are Mac Twig and Maybelline Touch of Spice. Touch of Spice is a great dupe for Twig and they are almost identical. The top swatch is Twig and the second is ToS. Both are paired with Mac Absolutely It. 

This one is another pretty berry toned color and it's Tarte Plumy Rose. Another sheer formula but looks awesome over top of Rimmel Shimmer Mauve. 

If you want a nice lip red for Fall, then Nars Velvet Matte lip crayon is Cruella is perfect. This doesn't need a lip liner, but if I wear one with it then I just use some basic nude shade. 

This last one is a Maybelline Color Elixir in the shade Caviar Couture. This is the darkest that I own, and the formula for these is very glossy. I found this was kind of messy to apply and took some buildup. I haven't tried it over a lip liner yet, but it would be pretty over Mac Absolutely it. 


So these are my lip lipstick choices for Fall this year. I would like to add in some more darker shades like purples and reds so I will update you all if I add some into my collection!

* I have a ton of YouTube videos filmed so this week I'll be posting one or two of them. Probably a Fall makeup look, and either my eyeshadow palette collection or an I Love Fall Tag. Which one would you rather see first??*

What are your favorite lipsticks for Fall? Let me know in the comments so I can check them out!

18 comments:

  1. This is a great list, Ashley and I'll need to take up Touch of Spice and give it a go again. I wasn't the biggest fan of it when I used it back in Malaysia but I wonder if my feelings have changed now.

    I vote for all three Autumn videos, honestly enjoy watching your videos so keep them coming!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shireen!! And I'm so glad your enjoying my videos, will definitely post all of them!

      And I Honeslty don't care for Touch of Spice unless I use s lip liner under it! I feel the same about the Mac one its a dupe for. Try that and maybe you can make a combo out of it that you like!

      Delete
  2. I love me a good dark lip, I actually was looking at my collection and I think I need more vampier shades! LOL! I need to go shopping. I love Touch of Spice, one of my all time faves!! I really like the Maybelline Color Elixir's, I'm going to have to check out this color!

    I love your videos, so whichever you want to post first! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree that I need more vampy colors too!! Now that I'm getting more comfortable with bold lips, I think I'll be buying some more soon! And definitely check out that color elixir! This is the only one that I own so I'm not sure how the old ones are but beware this one is a little messy!

      And thank you Lily!

      Delete
  3. I love dark lip for the fall! I have Twig and Touch of Spice! I love them. I also have a MAC lipstick called Hang Up which is a dark wine color. I have Dalia from ColourPop which is a dark red/brown color and the liquid lipstick in Tulle. That Maybelline Color Elixir in Caviar Couture is so pretty!I would love to see the I Love Fall tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out the Mac lipstick you mentioned! And next time I place a ColourPop order I'll look for Dalia too. Thanks for letting me know some of your favorites! I'm going to post the Fall tag on my channel soon!

      Delete
  4. I love Milani Black Cherry I think it is called. So so pretty. I love your collection and I would absolutely love to see all of your palettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo! The palette collection will be up soon!! I'll have to look for that Milani lipstick! I've been wanting more of them!

      Delete
  5. The nars and tarte ones are so pretty! I do have one purple shade of maybelline color elixirs that named to be lip polish here, in glam 6 but it's not as dark as caviar couture, and I agree it gets a bit messy because it's glossy so I prefer using it in a thin layer and make it work as a stain. I think my favorite dark lipsticks for fall would be wet n' wild megalast in mochalicious and ravin raisin, la girl matte gloss in rebel, and revlon matte lipstick in fabulous fig! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try my color elixir as a stain instead! And thanks for letting me know your favorites so I can check them out!

      Delete
  6. touch of spice is one of my FAVES. i love it so much. and twig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These lip colors are so pretty and great for Fall! A few of my Favorites are MAC's Twig, and Rebel lipsticks. I love all your videos so I look forward to which ever one you decide to show first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to get Rebel but when I tried it on last time it was too purple on me! Now that I've discovered lip liners maybe I can make it a little darker!! And thanks Pilar!!

      Delete
  8. I share your love for berry lips Ashley! I can't get enough! I can put on regular makeup and lipstick and just GO! Making a note of these. Great post!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berry lips are good for all year around I think! Thanks Kim!

      Delete
  9. I love a dark lip, but I always need a liner with it. Thank you for pairing these with liners! MAC Morning Coffee looks like one I need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love the morning coffee lipliner! And I agree that liners are a must for dark lips!

      Delete