Friday, July 22, 2016

Foodie Friday | Farmers Market Haul

It's been a while since I did a 'Foodie Friday' post, and since I just went to the Farmers Market last night, I thought I'd share a little food haul of what I picked up!

These posts are something I wanted to start doing a while ago, but I always just forget. If you enjoy these let me know, and I'll try to do more!

Back to the post- do you guys go to local farmers markets? It's something I like to do in the summer time. I'd rather buy from local farmers, and know that my veggies and fruit and fresh. Plus they have super good deals!

I took a few photos around the farmers market, but we had a storm during the day yesterday so a lot of them vendors weren't there. I also felt a little wonky taking pictures of the stands so I was tying to be discrete. 

 This one stand had some beautiful sunflowers. 
There's also a park and mill pond right by the market too!
And my favorite bakery is across the street!

Now for my little grocery haul. We picked up two ears of corn, green onions, some cherries, and apricots. 
I got a ton of zucchini. They were 2 for a dollar, and they are huge compared to the tiny ones that are at the grocery store. I'm making zucchini speghetti with my zoodle spiralizer so that's why I got so many. We also bought some fresh salsa with chili lime tortilla chips. And hubby wanted some jerky. I very rarely eat meat, but ugh I love me some jerky! 

There was also some venders selling jewelry and craft stuff too. There was wines, homemade jams and breads, and everything just looked so yummy!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I thought it would be something different to share, and a switch up from my normal posts!

I hope you all have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment