Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Shopping my Makeup Stash #1


I did a vanity tour a few weeks ago and a lot of you mentioned that my vanity was super organized. That isn't always the case, and I had just cleaned and organized everything before I filmed that video. I try hard to keep everything nice but I do have a bad habit of setting certain products off to the side on my vanity table, and only reaching for those- aka neglecting the rest of my makeup. 

The point of organizing and cleaning my vanity was so I could put those things away, so when I went to reach for a certain product, I would see all the others I had in my collection and maybe pick those up instead. 

It's kind of worked, and while I still am reaching for my favorites that I had set out, I have been picking up some other things a few times a week instead. So I thought I would do a 'shop my stash' post and show you some of the thingsI've reached for that have been neglected for too long. 

I thought I was being funny by adding in the little mustash emote ha ha. 

Stila Cheek Palette- this came in the holiday set for last year, and I pulled this out to use the highlight in there. It's a very stunning highlight and it's super pigmented and 'bam in your face' just like I like my higlights to be. I kind of forget about it because I don't use this palette much. But I will be pulling it out more for the highlight shade! The bronzed and blush are nice too, but I just forget about them. And this reminds me that I should probably pull out the eye palette that came with this collection too!

Stila Stay All Day Bronzer- I was initially disappointed in this product when I first bought it. I was bummed because it swatched so nice in Sephora and it's huge. I didn't like to to contour with, so I never used it. I pulled it out and used it to bronze up my face instead of contouring, and I was pleasently surprised on how much I liked it for that instead!


 Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed- this is a long time favorite of mine and I showed it in my June favorite video. I haven't used this in years and I've been using it a ton lately. 

Wet n Wild Mega Glow in Catwalk Pink- the packaging has changed on this since I've purchased it, and since I'm super pale I can use this as a blush instead of a highlighter. When I mix all the colors I get a nice shade that's close to the darkest pink in the pan. I love the way it looks and has a nice shimmer to it also!

Dior 5 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Earth Reflections- I rarely use this. It's one of the few Luxary products I've splurged on and even though this is very beautiful, it's not worth the price tag in my opinion. I do like it, but I was never blown away by it like I thought I would be. Anyways- I pulled this out a few times before I purchased the Lorac pro 3, but now it will probably go back in my drawer and not see the light of day for a while. 

Do you guys shop your own stash and rediscover products you love, or find ones you didn't care for but then ended up loving them? 

I will do more of these posts soon! I'm trying to not neglect so much of my makeup and make use of more things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment