Wednesday, August 10, 2016

L'Oreal Infallible Matte-Matic Eyeliner

Hello! 

Today I'm sharing my thoughts on the L'Oreal Matte-Matic eyeliner. I'm pretty sure this is new on the market and I just recently heard about it, but I'm not 100% sure. I was on the hunt for a eyeliner, and picked this up when Ulta had their L'Oreal products buy two get one free a few weeks ago. 

This retails for $7-9 depending where you  purchase it. I'm pretty sure it was $8.99 at Ulta, but I found it online at Walmart and Target for $7.17 and $7.99. 

It's a retractable pencil, which I've grown to prefer over pencils that you sharpen. This claims to be "24 hours wear, gel cream formula, with an intense matte color". It also comes in 4 shades.

From L'Oreal's website 
"Create your signature liner look with L’Oréal Paris Matte-Matic in four matte shades. Our long wear formula delivers rich matte intensity. Gel cream formula glides on easily and comes with a built-in sharpener. Waterproof. Smudge resistant."

Here's some wonky swatches with a flash and no flash. You can see with the flash on that it's not super jet black. The top swatch does look super black, but I think not having the flash on made the swatch look more forgiving. 


My Thoughts-
-I like that it' has nice packaging, it's retractable, and matte. 
-I don't find the formula to be very creamy, so that makes it s bit difficult to apply.  It does applies easy to the waterline, but it doesn't smudge well under the line because of the formula. 
-It also doesn't stay in my water line, but it does stay and doesn't smudge on my lash line. It doesn't bother me too much about the water line, because I'd rather have it stay put on my lash line and not smudge or run. 
-The pigmentation is okay. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't think this is a super black shade. I also have to go over my lash line a few times, both because of the pigmentation and because the lack of creaminess.
-So basically, I kind of agree with its long lasting claims, I don't agree with the 'cream gel formula', I do agree that it's matte, but I don't agree that it's an intense color. Confusing, I know. 

Overall this is an okay liner. It's not my favorite, but it's not bad either. I wish it was creamier, but I'm glad it doesn't smudge like the Loreal Silkissime liner does on me. I usually like my liners super jet black, but I'm kind of enjoying that this is a bit of a softer shade. I just wish it wasn't claimed to be super intense when it's not. 

I'll finish this up for sure, but I'm not sure if ill repurchase it. I'm enjoying it for now, because it's not a bad liner and it's worth a try! 

Have you tried the Loreal matte-matic liners yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment